Saturday 15 October 2011

Bloody hell – sanity revamped

♫ Alestorm – I am a cider drinker

*a deep sigh of relief*

I shall hereby present Quicksilver Sanity with a brand new layout.



Now, for the first time, the background and header images have actually been made by me. This has certainly been a "Cobbler's children have no shoes" issue since I am a graphic designer yet it took me, what, ten months to create a layout of my own for my blog? On the other hand this is not that strange – a similar issue to what a photographer co-worker told me recently; when on a vacation abroad, his wife takes more photos than he does.

Now the layout looks more like "me" and features a quote by Poe too. However, had I known what a pain it would be to put it up, I would have considered twice! I had several problems from finding an image host which wouldn't automatically resize images to figuring out how the heck Blogger templates work. Mind you, I know HTML and CSS well, probably to the extent of being totally handicapped with graphic layout editors. Please excuse my language.

I think I certainly deserve some dinner now – maybe some noodles with green pesto, yum. I'm also going to dye my hair either tonight or tomorrow, will see how that turns out... So long!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations.it took me a couple of years to get an own header but a few years and Photoshop to get my own background. which I change over the seasons now.your look is so nice really a face lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, linnea-maria! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one procrastinating with layouts. Must be the difficulty of getting things started...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...