Sunday 6 February 2011

Reading can be risky for women on the verge

♫ Turisas – To Holmgard and beyond

A while ago a friend and I ordered some books from Amazon, and a while I go I fetched them from the post office. And this is what I got:


Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass. I'd been thinking of buying it for such a long time, but I'd never bothered to order it all alone. I'd been waiting for a time when I'd have something else to purchase too. I guess it's a must for me to own, because:
We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
- Cheshire Cat
Through the Looking Glass is relatively strange to me still, I've never had chances to familiarize myself with it. Reading it at the moment.


I don't know why exactly I got the urge to buy Tim Burton's poems. Might be all the movies I've watched? Anyway, the book is awesome. I'm very picky when it comes to poetry. I want poems to really have some ingenious language, not necessarily rhymes, but something. I easily regard modern poetry as wannabe arty, and thus, rarely like it. However, Burton's poetic language was brilliant, and the stories were hilarious. I guess I could relate to Voodoo Girl:
But she knows she has a curse on her,
a curse she cannot win,
For if someone gets
too close to her,
the pins stick farther in.

Last but not least, I also bought something that's supposed to be useful.


AdamsMorioka & Terry Stone's Color Design Workbook, which is supposed to be of some help in my thesis work. I hope it'll also be... Although the whole thesis work frustrates the hell out of me. I realized I rather read fairytales than anything that'd help me to graduate.
I guess this is it for now, so long!

2 comments:

  1. Hih kaksi ensimmäistä kuuluu miunkin suosikkeihin :)
    And the title made me want some tea, for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voodoo girl on ihana :) Katsoin juuri eilen elokuvan The Signal jonka päänäyttelijättärellä olin näkevinäni sen sydämen tatuointina..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...