Wednesday 4 September 2013

Back to school

♫ Medusa's Child – Holy Land

It only took me two years since I got my bachelor's degree to return to school. Okay, to be precise – as from today, I'm only taking an extra course in university, on photojournalism. So I'm not studying for a degree, but nevertheless, I love saying "I'm going to school", just because calling university "school" pisses some university students off. :>

I wore this top with a simple black denim miniskirt. I wouldn't have bought this shirt if it hadn't been bloody cheap, but it's fairly nice... It's not lacy, it's made of, hmm, smooth tricot or something with a pattern like that.

I also realized I really truly hate taking photos of myself. I've stated this a billion times in my blog, I suppose, but I cannot understand how it can be so difficult. I don't think I'm the worst photographer either! I might be the most critical though...



I considered purchasing this shirt in grey brownish color, but then I chickened out... Lately, I've been more and more interested in trying colors that might actually suit me well, rather than colors that please my eyes. (And I wasn't sure if that  grey brownish hue would have looked good on me, so I decided black always does... Yeah right.) I'm not sure I'll start purchasing colorful clothes any time soon though. However, I've considered letting my natural hair color grow out... We'll see how that goes! My hair is ugly brownish grey, and I'm doubtful as to whether it can possibly look good on me. Okay, I haven't really thought of staying like that for good – but I would rather dye my hair with a color close to my natural one in the future. I have a strong feeling a semi-natural-looking color would compliment my skin tone and eye color most – especially once I've let it fade, I'm not efficient at maintaining complicated hair colors!

What do you think, can a dull greyish hair color actually look good on someone? Do you generally think people look good/bad/better/worse with their natural color?

4 comments:

  1. You look really sweet and I like the look of the shirt! Enjoy your time "in school" and take some ideas home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm trying to enjoy and be hard-working, one course shouldn't keep me too busy so that I couldn't concentrate properly! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, great decision, I'm glad you're going for it! Going back to school sounds somehow charming, to be honest. ^^

    I'm very critial when it comes to photos, or modeling for photos if if they're only self - shots for some outfit posts, sometimes Ihave to take abunch pf photos to just have one 'acceptable' or 'decent' shot of myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it felt slightly charming too. :3 I'm also mentally preparing myself for actually re-enrolling somewhere in the future.
      I know that feeling, I tend to take some dozens of photos at once and find only one or two good enough to publish. :/ I guess I have a serious mirror issue or something, I don't get so frustrated when I look in a mirror, but whenever I see myself mirrored "the right way", the way others see me, I find it strange and awkward.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...